Thursday, October 16, 2014

PROGRESS



Progress not perfection. I can't really pretend to know everything there is about senior services and resources. In fact, I know very little. But the things I do know is that there are answers out there. If I just take the time to look.

Late last week I got a message from one of my providers. This message came to me saying that one of his clients needed help with something that he couldn't help with. So he pass the word along to me. It was about a senior who really couldn't get around very well. This gentleman has a disability and can't drive. But he still needs to be able to get to the grocery store to get some of these other things that he would like to do. He wanted to be somewhat independent but does need help getting from point A to point B. this was actually something that I had never run across before. I know that many home care agencies do provide transportation, but not all.

So I started doing some research. I called a few people, then I called a few more people. Then I got on the Internet and it's more research and then I called a few more people. It took a while but I was able to come up with some answers for the man. I found that there were three different entities that he could go to for help in getting around. One was a government agency. The other two were private entities. One of those was free of charge. The other charge a small fee. I also talked to some of my other providers. One of them suggested that he could even talk to a relative or family member may be some teenager or college student that needed a little extra cash and had a car and wouldn't mind helping him out.

The upshot was is that he used a couple of those resources and called me back and told me that those worked out great.

My point in all of this is simply that someone had a need didn't know how exactly to express it but told me his story I was able to find resources for him. I without a doubt can do the same for you. But in order to do that I need to hear from you. Whether it's for you or for a family member, I just need to hear. So call me at 844-981-0099. E-mail me at Dennis@oneseniorsource.com. Or go to the website. Www.oneseniorsource.com. Either way I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment